Sungha Jung: A Child Prodigy

Thursday, July 2, 2009

There's this kid that made my jaw dropped the first time I watched him play. His name is Sungha Jung from Korea. This kid started playing guitar at the age of 10. Now he's 12 and he just keeps getting better. I can't imagine that in 2 years time, he could play what he plays... and to think that he's so young, it just blows me away.

Sungha made me look guitar playing on a different perspective. I used to think that it is impossible to do stuff from Tommy Emmanuel and etc. at that age. He changed my views. What a prodigy! (I envy him :D)

I imagined what would he be 5 years from now. Pretty exciting huh? It's scary what would he be like when he gets older. Maybe the next Tommy E.?

I hope my future child will be as good as this kid (ohh.. I think "amazing" is better in describing Sungha). Haha!

It's good that I'm getting back on playing acoustic fingerstyle guitar. I believe it's so pure.. no effects and whatsoever. Just plain music. It's so timing that I have a new influence, a new guru!

When I practice difficult stuff, my thought tells me that "if he can do it, why can't you!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment